Our bindery department does all the paper cutting, folding, collating, drilling and other finishing operations used in printing projects.
- SCORING: The process of making a crease in the paper so that it will fold easily.
- PERFORATING: The process of punching lines of a very small holes into the paper to make a section easy to tear off.
- EMBOSSING: The molding and reshaping of paper by the use of special metal dies and heat, counter dies and pressure, to produce a raised image o the paper surface
- FOIL STAMPING: Impressing metallic foil onto paper with a heated die.
- LAMINATION: Applying thin transparent plastic sheets to both sides of a sheet of paper, providing scuff resistance, waterproofing and extended use.
- DIE CUTTING: The process of cutting paper in a shape or design by the use of a wooden die or block in which are positioned steel rules in the shape of the desired pattern.
Above is a picture of a folder used in commercial printing.
If you have need for graphic design, digital printing, offset printing and direct mail email me, Phyllis Burns, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 865 584-2265.